Thursday 15 July 2010

Sharing recipes! YAY!

My roomate and I subscribed to CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) for the very first time this year. Yesterday, we went to pick up our basket at the delivery point, and we brought back a full basket of a wide variety of yummy organic veggies at the appartment. We got super excited by the idea of all the healthy meals we will have the chance to prepare this week!

In our basket, we got beets for the first time, and this will allow me to prepare my favorite raw food recipe. Then I though, why not sharing it with all of you?! It already has been published on the web last april, because of my participation to a food challenge proposed by SuperForester Heather and her sister Wendy, creators of the lovely blog Little Foodies, so here is the link :

http://little-foodies.blogspot.com/2010/04/rising-to-real-food-challenge-marie-eve.html

And because I did a mistake in placing back all the veggies in the basket for the picture (we got a lettuce, not a Kale), now I can also share with you an other recipe! Haha! It is a really delicious cabbages salad that I learned to prepared when I took my Raw Food classes with my teacher and great friend Nadine.

Cabbages salad


Equal parts of :
Shredded red cabbage
Shredded Kale
Green Lentils Sprouts
To taste:
Nutritional yeast Angevita (very rich in complex B vitamins, and taste a bit cheesy)
Mediterranean Dressing

Mix all ingredients.

As an aside note to this great recipe: For any salad containing cabbage, you should put the dressing several hours ahead and refrigerate. Since cabbage is hard, it takes longer to really get dressed by the taste of the dressing. Also, you might know that cruciferous vegetables (cabbage, broccoli, ect.) are good anti-carcinogenic.

Mediterranean Dressing

1/2 cup Olive oil
4 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
2-4 cloves Chopped garlic
4 teaspoon Basil
4 teaspoon Origano
1 teaspoon Marjoram
To taste:
Bragg (liquid Aminos)
Freshly ground pepper

Mix all ingredients. You can keep the dressing for months in the refrigerator, but think about to take it out ahead of the fridge, to let it return to liquid, and mix well.

Look at all those beautiful colors! Aren't these pics opening up your appetite? ;)
Now, I guess I can ask you, dearest readers, to feel free to send in your favorite recipes of healthy meal! Let's see what we can share! Enjoy preparing refreshing food this summer!
LOVE AND FRESH BREEZES! ☼

No comments:

Post a Comment