Thursday 13 May 2010

Enlighten me, please!

Ok, I am probably missing something there…
So, I want to share some thoughts that makes me feel a little mad today… I know, this is a feeling that I am trying hard to never feed – and that here is supposed to be a space for sharing love and positivity - but, I think that you guys can help me out to turn it into happier thoughts…

This morning I read a TreeHugger's article on Facebook, concerning all the spilled oil in the gulf, and so many other people’s comments turned me perplex…


And here is just one of the videos you’ll see if you take the time to click on the link and read the full article :

And then, here is what I think about all this :
I DO agree that we are already too much exposed to too many chemicals (and I AM working on to do my part to reduce it) but, even if it is an addition of some more chems, I DO also think that this is already a more efficient solution, NO?

It is not simply by placing barriers before it gets to the beaches that will save what is left. It really is time that we remove fingers from the nose, and work faster, more intelligently! These barriers do not help to clean up anything out there: they simply are a hypocritical way to hide the ugliness of our actions (right on the other side, the bottom sand WILL be deeply polluted, and of course the water too!)... So that the people do not see, at first glance, all the spilled oil and all these little dead beings...

So I think that, if we work quick enough with it, this polymer will absorb all the oil and we’ll just catch it before it sinks into the ocean…

Thus, until proven otherwise, it still is a good idea, to me! Am I just dumb, or what? Please someone, enlighten me with your lantern!
PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment